Monkeypox Treatment Interview Part 2
Dr. Paul Auwaerter and Dr. Jason Zucker continue their discussion of the 2022 Monkeypox outbreak. Topics:
- How to treat people with Monkeypox
- Which patients should receive antiviral medication
- How long does protection from past smallpox vaccine last?
- How effective is the vaccine?
- Use of vaccine as postexposure prophylaxis
Paul G. Auwaerter, MD, MBA, FIDSA
Clinical Director, Division of Infectious Diseases
Sherrilyn and Ken Fisher Professor of Medicine
Fisher Center for Environmental Infectious Diseases
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine