This unique program also offers a "Meet the Patients" session in which clinicians will have direct access to standardized patient training session!
Register for the activities and events below!
Topic 1: Landscape of HIV and Starting the Conversation
Topic 2: Now What? Testing and Treatment
Register for "Meet the Patients" here!
Date: Thursday, June 24th, 2021
Time: 11:00pm-2:00 pm ET
Topic 1: The Landscape of HIV/Starting the Conversation
- Basic epidemiology of HIV
- Red flags: STI, injection drug use signs, TB
- Why universal screening for HIV is important
- Starting the conversation with patients presenting for another medical need (eg, treatment of acute illness or injury, preventive care)
Topic 2: Testing and Treatment
- HIV testing options
- Testing negative
- Assessing risk for HIV
- Prevention strategies, including PrEP
- PrEP baseline testing, administration, and follow-up
- Patient education
- And much more!
Practice What you Learned: Meet the Patients
- Four breakout sessions with a different standardized patient!
Justin Alves, RN, ACRN, CARN
Nurse Educator – Office Based Addiction Treatment, Training and Technical Assistance Program
Boston Medical Center
Melinda Pipik, MS, FNP-BC
Sexual Health Peer Mentor, CVS MinuteClinic | MinuteClinic Diagnostic of Indiana, LLC